Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Vellocet

I know it's been a really long time since I've introduced you to something new or re-introduced you to something old. Sometimes life happens and it gets in the way of shit, my bad. I'll do my best to keep that from happening again. Hopefully this makes up for my being away. I felt it was my duty to bring you this cut from Breakage. It's called Vellocet and it's an instrumental piece that is crazy funky. The mid tempo groove is an undeniable head nodder and the beat is hard and crisp. It's off their 2015 album entitled When The Night Comes.

My two biggest beefs with this song is 1- it's not very long, I know it's over 4 minutes long but I want it to keep going and 2- it just ends. There's nothing at the end that even begins to mirror the majestical intro and that's a shame. I hate it when a song just stops, it's annoying but I digress. Vellocet is the kind of tune that would be perfect to hit the open road to.

If you like this cut then look into Stolen featuring Lily McKenzie. There's just something to that song that haunts me. Maybe it'll haunt you too.





No comments:

Post a Comment