Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Here

I know it's been awhile since I've posted here but I've been a tad busy, not to mention not hearing anything inspiring lately. That was until today when I came across this song by Alessia Cara entitled Here. It's a song that asks that age old question we've all asked ourselves at one time or another, "what in the hell am I doing here?" It's a great song that's a down tempo groover and Alessia's voice is the perfect accompaniment.

The vocal arrangement has a hip hop feel to it. Most pop songs have very few lyrics and those lyrics are usually repeated to the point where you want to shoot yourself in the head (Can't Feel My Face comes to mind). Alessia spits lyrics like Really I would rather be at home all by myself / Not in this room with people who don't even / Care about my well being / I don't dance, don't ask / I don't need a boyfriend / So you can go back / Please enjoy your party I'll be here. It's hard not to dig this cut by this new artist.

If you like this then check out her other cuts Outlaws and I'm Yours. They're catchy love songs and worthy of a listen. You're welcome.





2 comments: